According to Dr. Patrick Conway, Acting Principal Deputy Administrator for CMS and Deputy Administrator for Innovation and Quality, “Adding star ratings to Home Health Compare is another step forward in our continuing efforts to empower consumers by providing more information to help them make health care decisions while also encouraging higher levels of quality.”
Home Therapy of Austin, LLC (TX Home Therapy of Austin, LLC) is honored to be one of only 239 agencies out of 9000 nationally to earn FIVE STARS.
The single star rating is based on the individual scores on nine of 29 quality measures that come from patient assessments that are submitted to Medicare. The nine include:
- How often the home health team began care timely (should be within 48 hours of referral)
- How often the home health team made sure their patients have received a flu shot for the current season
- How often the home health team taught patients (or their family caregivers) about their prescribed drugs
- How often home health patients got better walking or moving around
- How often home health patients got better getting in and out of bed
- How often home health patients got better at bathing
- How often home health patients’ breathing improved
- How often home health patients had to be admitted to the hospital
Home Therapy’s outstanding clinical and support teams are intensely committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for each of our patients. However, there are many factors that contribute to being one of the best agencies in the nation. For Home Therapy, I believe it starts with our values (always doing the right thing) and involves hiring the best professionals, providing on-going professional development opportunities, focusing on well-coordinated, interdisciplinary care, having processes and systems that are conducive to patient-centered care and, finally, having an unbelievable management team. I am very humbled to say that Home Therapy has all and does all of these things.